The Accounting Office is responsible for maintaining books of accounts of the College and the preparation and interpretation of the financial statements. The Accounting Director exercises overall supervision of the following sections of the Accounting department: budget, purchasing, disbursements, general accounting and student accounts sections.
- Review proposed budget submitted by Directors and prepare a master budget plan for submission to the Board.
- Maintain records of the budgeted and actual revenue and expenses to determine performance of various departments/offices.
- Determine whether requests are within the authorized budget.
- Determine budget deviations and discuss corrective measures with departments.
GENERAL ACCOUNTING SECTION
- Prepare trial balance and schedules.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Prepare bank reconciliations statements.
- Records receipts.
- Prepare monthly remittances to government authorities.
STUDENTS ACCOUNTS SECTION
- Maintain records of individual students.
- Issue examination permits.
- Issue statement of accounts for refund.
- Issue clearances for returning students.
- Determine amount of refund.
- Responsible for ensuring that all disbursements of College funds are in order and properly authorized and that authorized suppliers receive the correct payment when they are due. Disbursements are in order and properly authorized if they are properly documented, funded and approved.
- Prepare checks.
- Release checks to authorize payee.
- Responsible for the timely procurement and receiving of materials, goods, equipment and services.
- Search for suppliers.
- Negotiate the best price.
- Procure the necessary materials, equipment or suppliers adhering to the College’ purchasing policies and procedures.
Room F1509, FEU Institute of Technology
P. Paredes Street, Sampaloc, Manila