Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
General description for College of Computer Studies
FEU Institute of Technology aims to be one of the top five technology educational institutions in the Philippines.
FEU Institute of Technology is dedicated to provide quality, relevant, innovative and industry-based education producing competent and principled professionals with greater sense of responsibility, social awareness and high competitiveness contributing significantly to the betterment of the society.
The graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program are:
- Engaged in further professional development and are interested in advanced studies or trainings in computing.
- Entrepreneurs or are employed in computing industries, organizing, and managing team-based projects leading to successful and sustainable computing systems solutions.
- Responsible computing professionals actively participating in community groups that make a significant impact in addressing current and future societal challenges
General description of program – BSCS major in Software Engineering
- The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with specialization in Software Engineering prepares students to become excellent IT professionals and researchers, proficient in designing and developing computing solutions. This program prepares students for a successful and rewarding career in specification design, coding, and testing of software. It also emphasizes software engineering, database, WWW, and large-scale software.
- Likewise, through this program, students become trained to focus on the design of efficient, reliable, and quality software application. Students of this program are also encouraged to explore their research interests and discover innovative technology that will help shape the future of Computer Science Research.
- Apply knowledge of computing appropriate to the discipline
- Identify, analyze and solve computing problems using fundamental principles of mathematics and computing sciences
- An ability to apply mathematical foundations and algorithmic principles in the design of a computing solution
- Knowledge and understanding of information security issues in relation to the design, development and use of information systems
- Design and evaluate solutions for computing problems
- Select, adapt and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern computing tools to computing activities
- Function effectively as a leader or a member of the team
- Communicate effectively with the computing community through reports and presentation
- An ability to recognize the legal, social, ethical and professional issues involved in technology
- Recognize the need and have the ability to engage in independent learning for continual development as a computing professional
- Apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity in accordance with applicable standards
- Apply mastery on their field of specialization
Program Outcomes of Computer Studies
- Software Engineer
- System Software Developer
- Research and Development Computing Professional
- Applications Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
- System Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Software Support Specialist
Full-time faculty Members (Name and Specialization only)
- Dr. Shaneth C. Ambat
- Anthony D. Aquino
- Jennifer Contreras
- Reginald Cheng
- Beau Gray M. Habal
- Joie Ann W. Maghanoy
- Abraham T. Magpantay
- Elisa V. Malasaga
- Aldrich Alexis G. Olivar
- May D. San Pablo
- Dr. Hadji J. Tejuco