Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
General Description of the Program
The field of mechanical
The Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering program has the following distinctive features: elective courses in the new and emerging technologies; industry immersion or on-the-job training; res earch project; and a culminating design project. The program also offers new courses such as technopreneurship, design thinking and bio-engineering.
Program Educational Objectives
The graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering program are:
- Involved in solving complex problems using their technical knowledge and skills professionally and ethically, contributing to engineering practice and service activities.
- Engaged in significant roles with greater responsibilities in various sectors of the society.
- Engaged in continuing professional development activities.
By the time of graduation, the students should have/ be able to:
- Knowledge of mathematics and science to solve engineering problems.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Students may choose a specialization/track in their senior year
- Automotive engineering deals with the basic concepts on the design and system components of vehicles. It includes topics such as safety of motor vehicles, engine emissions and control, engine fuel control systems and engine friction and lubrication.
- Mechatronics engineering tackles the fundamental principles of industrial automation and robotics. It covers topics such as introduction to robotics, industrial robots, industrial electronic components and mechanical system interfacing.
- HVAC & R (Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning and Refrigeration) focuses on basic design concepts and components of thermal systems. It covers topics such as design of thermal system, indoor environmental quality in buildings, design of building piping system and air-conditioning ductworks.
Graduates of B.S.M.E. program may opt to work as:
- Automotive engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Facilities engineer
- Instrumentation and controls engineer
- Mechanical designer
- Industrial product designer
- Plant safety engineer
- Power plant engineer
- HVAC & R engineer
- R&D Engineer
- College instructor
Thermo Fluid Laboratory (F-1107)
– ME Lab 1 & Lab 2
Thermo Fluid Laboratory consists of equipment for thermodynamic properties measurement & calibration and fluid machineries such as pumps, compressors and fans.
- Series/Parallel Pumps Bench
- TD400 – Temperature Measurement and Calibration
- MFP105 – Centrifugal Compressor Main
- HM 135 – Settling Velocity
- HM 150.02 – Dead Weight Piston Gauge
- HM 150.13 – Methods of Flow Measurement
- HM 280 – Radial Fan
- HM 282 – Axial Fan
- HM 285 – Piston Pump
- HM 286 – Gear Pump
- HM 292 – Radial Compressor
- WL 203 – Pressure Measurement
Machine Shop (F-1108)
Machine Shop consists of machines utilized for common machining techniques for wood and metals such as milling, drilling, forming, rolling and cutting.
- ASH360B Precision Gap Bed Lathe w/ Stand Model
- SP/180 Conventional Lathe Machine
- FK-H4822 Bending Machine
- Multi-grind (4.0kW)
- TB-2 Rolling Machine
- Bench Grinder (1/2 hp)
- Vertical Milling Machine
- GTS 10J Table Saw
- MJ7115 Manual Surface Grinder (3/4 hp)
- Concept Turn58 CNC Lathe Machine
- Control Keyboards Series 21
- CPU Neutron Deluxe
- Concept MILL55
- FN-M616 Squaring Machine
- ASH-1000 Wood Lathe (3/4 hp)
- Drill Press (1hp-5levels)
- Single Stage Compressor w/ Drive Unit (1/2 hp)
- Power Hacksaw
- 14″ Band Saw (1/2 hp)
- Power Planer (1/2 hp)
- Wood Vise
- Machinist Vise
Instrumentation and Control/Thermal Cycles Laboratory (F-1110)
– Instrumentation and Control
– ME Lab 3
Instrumentation and Control/Thermal Cycles Laboratory consists of equipment for instrumentation, control engineering, refrigeration, air-conditioning, heating and power generation.
- PCT-100 – Process Control Trainer
- Steam-Turbine Power System
- Computer Controlled Steam Turbine
- Steam Generator, Three-Phase, 6kW
- FGA/EV – testo 330-1 LL – Flue Gas Analyzer
- KMO/EV – Oil Hydraulics Practical System
- SPT/EV – Pneumatic Trainer
- TG/EV – Ice Maker Trainer
- ET 915 – Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Base Unit
- ET 915.01 – Refrigerator Model
- ET 915.06 – Simple Air Conditioning System
- RT 395 – Valve and Actuator Trainer
- IA 120 – Principles of Industrial Sensors
- TD360 – Heat Exchanger Service Module
- TD360A – Tubular Heat Exchanger
- TD360B – Plate Heat Exchanger
- TD360C – Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger
- TD200 Engine Test Bed Main Unit
- TD211 – Modified 4 Stroke Petrol Engine
- TD212 – Modified 4 Stroke Diesel Engine
- Universal Dynamometer
- DVF1 – Fuel Gauge C/W Solenoid Lead, Volumetric Fuel Gauge Display; DTS2
- Torque/Speed Display Unit, DPT1 – Air/Exhaust Display Unit
Welding/Material Science Room (F-101)
Welding/Material Science Room consists of machines used for welding and mechanical testing of materials
- Miller millermatic 212 w/ autoset
- Lincoln Extractor IGC portable welding
- Lincoln Precision TIG 225 w/ cart
- Lincoln Power MIG 216 welder
- Lincoln Invertec V275-S K2269-1
- Nabertherm Melting Furnace
- Nabertherm Model:N40EElectric Heat Treatment
- Customized Welding Booth With Welding Table
- CO2 Tank (50lbs)
- Argon Tank (50lbs)
- Oxygen Tank
- Acetylene Tank
- Anvil 33lbs
- Coal- Fed Manual Forging Furnace w/ blower
Full-Time Faculty Members
|Dr. Manuel C. Belino (Senior Director for Engineering)
||Jaychris Georgette Y. Onia (Director)
|Jerome D. Lopena (Assistant Director)
||Tony Rey R. Escalona
|Ivan Henderson V. Gue
||Ritchard Q. Dizon
|Ernett L. Maceda
||Ailene B. Nuñez
|John Nico N. Omlang
||Anjo M. Ramirez
|Diana Rose T. Rivera
||Alexis Mervin T. Sy
|Carmelah Mae C. Villanueva