- Bonafide students of FEU-East Asia College
- Bonafide members of the academic community
- Visiting users with referral letters
The library card is required in borrowing and returning of library materials. A library card is valid only for 1 term, renewable every term. In securing for a library card, the student submits to the circulation Desk the following:
- Certificate of Registration
- 1X1 recent ID Picture
- Accomplished Library Card Application Form
Application for library card is accepted only within the first 2 months of every term. Loss for library card should be reported immediately to the librarian. The library card is non-transferable; violation of the rule subjects one to disciplinary action.
ACCESS TO THE COLLECTION
The FEU- East Asia College Library maintains an open stack system. Books are arranged on the shelves according to the Library Congress Classification Scheme (LCC). Periodicals are arranged alphabetically by title.
- Filipiniana Section
- Reserve Section
- Circulation Section
- Periodical Section
- General Reference Section
- Fiction Section
- Readers Services
- Provides direct service to the users of the library in the following sections:
- Acquires, organizes and maintains the library collection.
- Acquisition Section
- Cataloging Section
- Technical Services
- Photocopying Services
- Other Services
GENERAL BORROWING POLICIES (FOR STUDENTS)
Students may borrow a maximum of two (2) books for a period of three (3) days; this applies to books from the Filipiniana Collection and the Circulation Section. Fiction books maybe loaned for a week subject for renewal for another week if not in demand.
Books stamped Reserve, Reference, Periodicals, Project Papers, Maps and Vertical Files are restricted for room use only. Loan period for books ends one (1) week before the start of the final examinations.
Materials returned late are subject to overdue fine of Php 8.00/ book/day. Overdue Fine Slips are signed by the librarian before payment is made to the Accounting Office.
Borrowers with overdue books or with outstanding obligations with the library will not be allowed to borrow unless all library accounts are settled.
A lost book while out on loan must be reported immediately to librarian.
A student who loses a book shall either replace it with the same title or pay its current replacement value, or replace it within a week by another title to be selected by the librarian.
Missing pages in any borrowed book must be reported immediately to the librarian.
Library materials damaged beyond normal usage must be replaced with the same title with (additional payment of processing cost) or paid according to the value determined by the librarian.
Photocopying of books is limited to 15 page reference
Users entering the library shall be required to deposit all personal belongings, including but not limited to bags,envelopes file case and packages at the Baggage Counter located near the entrance door of the library. Bags of non-library users found to be deposited in the Baggage Counter will be sent to Discipline Office.
Suspension of Library Privileges
Pilferage, defacement and mutilation is covered by the FEU – East Asia College Student Handbook which provides for sanction.
Users caught bringing out library materials taken without permission shall be dealt with appropriate action. Discourtesy, misconduct or any misendeavour towards library staff.
Conduct Inside the Library
Users are expected to conduct themselves in such a way as they will not disturb the peace and order in the library.
Eating, sleeping, drinking, littering and the use of mobile phones are not allowed. SILENCE is the golden rule in the library.
GUIDELINES FOR SCHOLARS BOOK USAGE PRIVILEGE
- A scholar is entitled for a book usage privilege per term.
- A scholar is issued a separate library card.
- Scholars are entitled to loan out books on a per term basis.
INSTRUCTIONAL MEDIA MATERIALS
In borrowing CD’s for room use accomplish the following:
- Book Card
- Surrender School I.D. to the Librarian
GENERAL BORROWING POLICIES (FOR ASSOCIATES)
- Accomplish the Associates Library Record and the book card.
- Associates may borrow and renew a maximum of four (4) books for a period of one (1) month. Failure to return the books on the day prescribed is subject to overdue fine of Php 10.00 /book /day.
- A student or Associate who lost a book must pay its current value or replace it with the same title and with additional processing cost as determined by the Librarian.
Associates with overdue books or with OUSTANDING OBLIGATIONS TO THE LIBRARY WILL NOT BE CLEARED AND WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BORROW UNLESS ALL ACCOUNTS ARE SETTLED.